Organizational Action Project
Your Physician Executive MBA is an investment—and we want you to see a real-world return.
Although many of your class assignments can be applied directly to your own organization, the most important will be your Organizational Action Project (OAP). The OAP involves designing and executing a strategic initiative that will improve both patient and organizational outcomes.
You'll work closely with a faculty advisor to identify an issue of major importance to your organization and design a project around it. You'll then work with your own corporate team to implement it, with deliverables scheduled throughout the program year. Similar to a thesis, the project is graded independently of all your other assignments.
We expect your OAP to make a significant impact on your organization. Here are some examples of projects we've seen:
- Full-blown business plans
- Redesigns of work processes
- Market analyses for new services
- New product designs
- New international market proposals
- Organizational restructuring
- Analyses of mergers and acquisitions
- Cost analyses
- New product development processes
- Customer value analyses
- Human resource initiatives
- New healthcare distribution channels
- New service line designs
- New outpatient services